Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My son got the phone call yesterday. He will be employed by the Commerce City police department starting 26 June. It would be an understatement to say he is excited. As I said before I wish he would have taken the job in the small mountain town. It would have been like Barney and Andy in Mayberry, but Commerce City is like East LA and it is called Combat city. The boy said he wanted to be a cop in a busy department and I think he is getting his wish. I do approve of his choice of firearms; He has a full size Glock in 45 acp. I believe it carries 13+1 that is a lot of firepower. I don’t know what the department’s standard is but I would vote for Cor Bon +p 230gr HP. But that is me.


The boy’s cousin is a Douglas county deputy sheriff in Colorado. He has been decorated for Valor and is on the swat team. It looks like he has taken a leave of absents from the sheriff office to go to Iraq to train Iraqi police officers. So he may end up seeing his brother who is stationed over there right now. The only difference is one is a private first class making almost not enough money and his brother is going over as a contractor and will make $90,000 in six months, tax free. What a deal.

2 comments:

Dave. said...

Congrats to your son, Kenny. I pray that he will be safe in all that he does.

Kenny said...

Thank you Dave, I have been lifting Daughter in law L up in prayer.