Thursday, June 29, 2006

Mom is coming to town today; she will be here about two weeks. The main thrust of her visit is to see her new great granddaughter. Ava is her third great grandchild and is going on two weeks old. I figure I should get mom up here before all the new wears off this child. The bride and I will take off from work about 10:00 this morning (heading for the airport) and I’ll be off all next week. The only trouble I have with taking off that long is management can see a spike in production when I leave. I have never figured out the correlation between the two, but I have heard some ugly rumors.

Mom says she has something to talk to us about when she gets here; she likes to hold things in suspense (I believe it is for dramatic emphasis). I think and I am hoping that she has decided to move in with us. Mom is 85 years old; her car has just broken down, not that that matters much anymore, she has just lost her driver's license. There are no grocery stores left in the old neighborhood, no gas stations, not that that matters (see above). Plus there is no family. She has lived in the same house since 1957. It will be a hard thing for her to move on, but I have told her many times I want her to move up and she has grand kids and great grandkids all over the place up here. I am starting to have the basement finished off and I will make it into a nice apartment for her, about a 1000 square feet. She will have her own door to the backyard and we have the two dogs to keep her company while the bride and I are at work. Anyway I’ll post more as the weeks wear on.

No comments: