Wednesday, June 07, 2006

It has warmed up here; I guess it is going to be in the 90’s today and mid 80’s for the rest of the week. I have a pretty good to do list for this evening, should keep me busy.

Got a phone call from my youngest son last night, He is living in Colorado with his wife. His dream is to be a cop. He has gone thought the police academy and has a job at a local collage as the campus police. The position is an actual law enforcement position but they are not regarded to highly. The boy called to tell us that he has been offered a job at Commerce City. This is one of the toughest places in Colorado; the locals call it Combat City. He has a started date of 26 June. All he has to do now is pass a couple tests to see if he is fit to serve. I am pretty sure that they are a formality at this point. If you could keep the boy in your prayers I would appreciate it.

I have another prayer request. The bride just called and said she wants to go to dinner with her friend. These girls have been friends for the better part of 30 years. Anyway the friend’s youngest daughter has been a pain in the butt for a number of years. She has two children out of wed lock and pretty much lives off welfare. It is sounding like she is suicidal right now. This girl had everything going for her. Great parents and a wonderful upbringing. At one point her and my youngest son were going together. Anyway if you think about her say a few words.

3 comments:

Dave. said...

He is in our prayers Kenny, as is the friend's youngest daugter.

Hope and trust that it works out ok for your youngest.

Kenny said...

Thanks buddy I knew I could count on you

Walrilla said...

Got your requests on the list, Kenny. It's sad when friends turn out this way. And best of luck to your boy.
Walrilla