Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Let me update a little from my adventure with the dog. I am down stairs later that evening with the physical therapist doing my stuff. The bride says she is not feeling very well and heads up stairs, after awhile I ask mom if she could check on the bride. Mom comes back down the stairs telling everybody the bride is in tears and on the phone with 911 and ambulance is on the way. The paramedics are at the door in a matter of minutes. The bride put on a stretcher, and loaded up and heading to the emergency room. I tell mom to hold down the fort as I load the walker in the back of my truck. And I am gone. I get to the emergency room and I am giving directions to her waiting room. The ER is packed. No open beds and a waiting room full walking wounded. The bride is in more pain then I have ever seen with her. Two shots of morphine and one a shot of Demerol before the pain eases. Some very good friends (Terry and Lonnie) show up at the hospital to watch and pray with us, plus the associated pastor wife is two floors up having contractions (they are having a baby) and he comes down the pray. They are finding nothing wrong but they do suspect a thing or two. About 10:30 they have not decided if she is staying or not and my legs are killing me. The ER doctor suggests I head for home and Lonnie says she will stay with the bride. Terry gets me a wheel chair and takes me to the truck. I get home to some much needed pain pills and play the waiting game.
The bride gets home about midnight but has to return to the hospital for some additional test in the morning. Long story short she is having her gall bladder removed as I type this. Nobody will let me drive so mom and I sit here and wait. The bride should be home about 7:00 this evening.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day and I do have much to be thankful for. Wonderful friends and family, wonderful medical facilities and skilled doctors to help us through life, but most is a God I can relay on

5 comments:

BobG said...

Good luck and wishes to your wife; hope you have a decent Thanksgiving Day.

NICKEL said...

When it rains, it pours, at your house. Hope your wife is felling better. Have a nice thanksgiving. We had a very pleasant day.

Kenny said...

Thanks, The bride got home about 10:30 last night and we had a freind "Adrienne" spend the night and help the bride out. It has been a quite day and that is okay with me. I hope your Thanksgiving has been good.

Anonymous said...

In our prayers and lots of love to the Bride, bro.

k said...

kenny, I'm so sorry. ALL this!!! Good Lord above.

I get distracted for a while, and then check back in, and look what happened. Geez.

I'm glad they figured out what was wrong with her at least. I had mine out a few years back and it was no picnic. Some folks have no big problems with it, some do.

I hope she's one of the luckier ones. I do hear it is NEVER easy.

I came by here, very belated, by way of Walrilla, who posted about your knee surgery a couple weeks ago. I just now read that post, and headed out to *your house.* So the bride's newest adventure caught me totally off guard.

Walrilla's back in the hospital himself, he has cellulitis again.

I'm rounding up all y'all walking and/or wheeling wounded, and sending my strongest *good thoughts* out your way.

GET BETTER, kenny.

GET BETTER, kenny's bride.

That's an order.

love,

k