Monday, November 19, 2007

Any of you folks that have read me for while know that I have two dogs willing to run the neighborhood given half a chance.

Since mom has moved up here one of the things she looks forward to is getting the mail. I have told her that she has to make sure that door clicks when she goes out. If not a breeze will open the door and the dogs are gone.

I was laying on the sofa resting (babying) my knees and I suggest that mom goes to check on the mail. With in a minute the back door moves and I can see the increase in light coming from the front of the house. I know what has happened; Mom did not click the door. I am up on my walker to see if the dogs are in the back yard. I thank God Foxy is safe and sound in the back yard. I am flying towards the front of the house. (flying is relative when you are using a walker). Mom is at the mail box in panic as she sees little Dusty running for his freedom. I had grab a bag of doggie treats and the leash handed them to mom and went back to call the bride and grab my truck keys. Mind you I had to be carried into the house by four grown men just last Thursday. I could not make my legs work that well with the new knees. I called the bride and told her what was happening and to get home. She calls me back and tells me that I can not leave the house much less drive. I was almost to the truck and told her to get home quick. I had to fold the walker to fit it in the cab and was amazed that I could climb into the truck. I was off having not a clue on the direction of my dog, and 86 year old mom had gone . I head up and around the block after a couple of minutes I see mom sitting on the curb with Dusty by her side. I pull up and Dusty takes off, the lease was not on the mutt. I open to door and the little turd locker jumps in happy as he can be. Mom gets in and we are on the way home. The bride pulls up just as mom and dog get in the house.



All and all it was not too bad and I will talk to the physical therapist tonight and see if I have been pampering myself just a little too much. It has been two weeks for one knee and one week for the other. But after today I can much improvement. I got back into the house with very little assistance, and I seem to be no worse for wear after my little adventure.

3 comments:

BobG said...

Sounds like you are recovering well; just be careful not to overdo it yet.

Anonymous said...

Great to know that you up and about!!!LOL!!!
In our prayers big fella!

NICKEL said...

You are a very brave man to have both of your knees done practically at the same time. A week in between is not much time. Be careful and don't undo all your efforts.

I put the leash on my pups and wrap the leash around the dinning room table and then do my chore before I let them run loose again. This may work for your mom when she is going out.

Have a great Thanksgiving!