Sunday, September 30, 2007




September 9th, 2001 was the first meeting of Alpine church. It was held in a Jr. High school auditorium. The past few years we have had services in the terrace playhouse. This morning just a little over six years from when we started we held our first meeting in our own church building.

It was exciting to walk through the facility, the smell of fresh paint, walls yet to be marred by kids in the children’s church, the nervousness of making sure I was not the first one to spill coffee in the new sanctuary. You could feel the excitement of the congregation. Some of the detail work has yet to be completed and the church offices are not finished but the important stuff is done.

We attended the early service but I did not get there early enough to get the back row, I had to sit one row up from the back. But even that did not dampen my mood, Bryan (senior pastor) and Steve (associate pastor) gave a wonderful sermon on something. I am just not sure what, but it was good.


The bride and I have not been real faithful in our attendance for the past year or so. A lot of it has been health related and some has been laziness. I do believe that after my upcoming procedures and recovery I will be a little more faithful. At least that is what the bride tells me. Okay I am just kidding on that one. I do what to be a little more faithful in my attendance. But it is a very nice Sunday and San Diego just scored on their opening drive.


The couple in the picture is Bryan and his bride Tracy.

No comments: