Friday, September 28, 2007


This has been a some what stressful day. I won’t go into all the details or how much time I have spent on the phone. It seems that it is time to bring mom up for San Diego for good. Mom will be 87 this coming March and she has lived alone for 35 years. She has been in the same house for 50 years this coming November. But we all (Me, the bride, my sister, my kids) believe that it is time. I was ready to head down to California in the morning, but it seems that I can wait until the 15th of November when she comes up for Thanksgiving. Mom will be able to help me mend from up coming surgeries. I am having three procedures scheduled between 5 Nov and 13 Nov.
(This is another blog)

Mom always has a great time while she is up here. When she is relocated she will be surrounded by family, one of her two kids (me) two of her three grandkids, and all three of her great grandkids. Mom is very resistant to the move as of today. But I believe that she will warm up to it as time moves on. I know for a fact that she will be very happy once she is settled in. The basement will be made in to her living quarters, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, and living room. She will spend the evenings with the bride and I. Until the basement is finished she will have one of the spare bedrooms and the guest bath. I told my sister that mom will not have to worry about all the stuff she worries about: house insurance, groceries, utilities, water, nothing. There are still some road blocks in the future so I will pray this works out for the best.

3 comments:

Nate said...

There's just no family resemblence there Kenny!

You know I'm lying, right? There's no doubt she's your mom.

Kenny said...

Nate old buddy you may not know it now but there is a long ways between the deck and the water on the cruise boat. Have a nice day
;-)

Kenny said...

A little explanation for my veiled threat to Nate, towards the end of October Nate and his lovely bride, me and my darling bride (we both married up) and one other couple are taking a cruise out of Miami.. So as long as Nate stays 6-7 feet away for the railing (I don’t think I can throw him that far) he should be good.