Sunday, September 16, 2007




I had four trees taken out of the backyard yesterday. The tree’s roots were starting to cause some damage and the trees put down an unbelievable amount of leaves every fall.

I called Ernesto’s tree service, good choice. Ernesto and his brother showed up early yesterday morning. It appears they were one man short of a full crew. Ernesto explained one guy did not show up and he offered me a job right then and there. I rushed in and told the bride I had found my calling and I knew what I was going to do after I retired. Those dreams went up in flames in just seconds.

I managed to stay almost out of the way for the rest of the day. I would pull a couple of branches toward the chipper shedder and watched these guys attack my trees with what can only described a work ethic that would wake me up from a dead sleep in a cold sweat. I really believe I could have never hung with these guys even in my younger days. I had made some plans in my head on how I would have taken down the trees. It could have been summed up as renting cherry picker and whacking away with a chain saw. Not these guys, They showed a great deal experience and knowledge, one climbed each tree and took each branch off as he went up. I watched as he would grab the branches swing them behind his back to make sure each one landed in my backyard. The other would line them up to feed into the shredder. There were ropes and pulleys and things hooked to the trunk of one of trees to help do something. Man it was great. It was non stop from the time they got there until they left. Other the wood I requested they leave there was nothing left except foot prints. They wood they left was cut up into bite size chucks that I can split and use in the fire place next year. Well worth the money.

1 comment:

BobG said...

Interesting watching a professional at work, isn't it?