Sunday, September 02, 2007

I have so much I have wanted to blog about. Things that are going on in the government that makes me just shake my head and wonder why. But I have had blogger’s block. I will try to break out this weekend and pour my wit and wisdom into my blog. I will admit that I have never before but there is always a first time.

I went fishing yesterday with Nate. We went to Willard bay and had set there about and hour. Had a couple of bites and I had landed a catfish worthy of eating. Then Nate started to snivel about not being able to listen to “car talk” (funny talk radio show), and it being slow fishing. So we packed it in and went to catch carp on the Bear River. The carp we had caught last week were in the smoker so I decided not to keep any I caught this time until I determined if they were any good. We fished a couple of places on the river and caught a number of carp. Plus we could listen to car talk so Nate was happy.

Dropped Nate off at his place and headed home. Dumped all my stuff went out to check on the fish. I figured they had a couple hours more until they were done. I was wrong. They were done and looking and tasting pretty good. I love to pick at the fish as I take them out of the smoker, the dogs like it also. I was pulling the racks out putting the fish on a plate nibbling on some fish and giving small tid bits to the dogs. I though I had only put in three racks of fish put I pulled the top rack (number four) out and it was full of fish. It was dry and brittle. That is weird because the top rack is the furthest away from the heat and always the moistest. I picked at some, and it being so brittle it broke off chucks and hit the ground. The dogs were on it. I turned the rack and saw the skin of the fish and it was trout. The rack had been in the smoker since I had done my last batch of fish. I was spitting fish out of and pushing the dogs away from the fish on the ground. I figure it was not going to hurt me but why take a chance. Smoking fish s a way to preserver the meat, the smoker had sat in the basement which is a cool and it would have been fine. Just drier then most
The bride and I are heading out the door for church so I will talk with you all at a later date.

No comments: