Saturday, September 08, 2007

The bride and I, plus another couple went out for a wonderful dinner last night. We took the gondola to the top of Snow Basin (local ski resort) for a fine dinning buffet. It is a 20 minute gondola ride to the top of the mountain and on top is the Needles lodge. The views are just great and I almost took some pictures. We were seated by a window, the bride and I took the seats where our backs were more towards the window. We had been up just last week and our friends had not been there before. After we were seated the feeding frenzy soon began. First trip I took started me off with Mussels on the half shell, shrimp with cocktail sauce, prime rib, lamb, white Sea bass, And some other stuff. The sea bass is cooked for you as you wait, Fantastic. Last week they had sword fish which was equally as good. My second trip involved more sea bass and lobster ravioli, very good stuff. I really wanted a third trip to the buffet line but I had to save some room for the dessert table. Okay I had no more room but I was not going to let that stop me. The young lady that was waiting our table clearing the used plates and keeping the drinks filled told me “make me proud” as I advanced on the desserts. Strawberries and pineapple dipped in chocolate, cinnamon dough balls covered with caramel sauce, key lime custard in individual curst, baked apples, and chocolate everywhere. I forget if I only went up once or twice. I did not want to look like oinker so I sat at the table and picked off the brides plate. Kellie (the other lady with us) and I finished off dinner with a glass of wine. A pleasant trip back done the mountain and the evening was all but done. At the bottom of the lift Kellie picked up a job application for the up coming ski season. She retired from government work a few years ago and a little extra income is always nice.

We are having a small dinner party this evening, Kellie her husband Allan, Kellie’s sister Lonnie and her husband Terry, John and Adrianna, and Debbie and Dave. The bride has turkey in the oven and baked an angel food cake this morning. The other lady’s are bringing the side dishes. I am looking forward to the fellowship. We always seem to have a good time and laugh until it hurts.

No comments: