Tuesday, October 09, 2007

It was a fight and a half to get my mom up here. My eldest son and my daughter got the job done. Mom does not know that she is not going home. As I have said before she can not live alone anymore. The comparison of her now and the picture I post a couple of weeks ago is dramatic. She has lost so much weight I would bet she is down between 20 to 30 pounds. She is getting three squares a day now.

I went to an assisted living facility this morning to check the place out. I did not get any warm fuzzies over the place. I think I am going to see how mom does here for a while. Get some weight put back on her and stimulate the old brain matter some. I need prayer

4 comments:

Nate said...

You got it bud. I wondered why I didn't here from you today. I know somebodythat might steer you in the right direction for your Mom. Call me tomorrow

BobG said...

Sorry to hear the news; I remember when my dad had to go to a rehab center for a while while fighting cancer. We had a hell of a time stuffing calories in him. He didn't feel like eating, so he would get weak, which took away his appetite, he would get weaker from not eating, etc. in a vicious circle.
I'm not a praying person, but you have all the good will I can muster up.

Kenny said...

Thanks guys

Anonymous said...

You got it Kenny.