Friday, August 24, 2007

Update, my knees are trash and it is known that I will have to have a knee replacement on each one. This last Wednesday as I was getting the trailer ready for the weekend when Dusty (one of my dogs) made his escape. I saw his little furry tail going up and over the hill. So I am off like a herd of turtles. I will admit that I am not too quick anymore. The bride jumps in her car and me on foot. The little guy stays about twenty feet ahead of me as he explores the neighbor’s yards and a garage or two. I do manage to get in front of him so I can start to head my little buddy back towards the house. The bride pulls into the garage and Dusty runs to her and jumps into her arms. I am sure that he is saying “don’t let dad get me” As I am walking down the hill my knee buckles. This is the knee I had scoped about three weeks ago. It hurts a lot and I snivel and whine. I am sure that I have damaged it again. The bride tells me that we are not going camping and I agree with her. It that point in time I am not sure if I could handle setting up the trailer and doing the work to go camping. I call my buddy Nate and explain what has happened. Him and his bride were going with us. I don’t think he is real happy but he said the concern is about my knee. I take a pain pill and go sit in the backyard and mope.

Anyway I got a fishing spot that I can drive to and not have to walk more then the length of the truck to fish. So me and Nate are going fishing tomorrow. We will catch catfish and carp. Around here carp is a trash fish. Use to be that folks would catch them and throw them on the bank and let them rot. That practice is against the law now. But I have always heard that carp is very good eating if you smoke it. I have a smoker and I am planning to give it a shot. I will post the results of this endeavor some time soon.

3 comments:

BobG said...

Sorry to hear about your knees; hope they can be fixed up without too much trouble.

I've known Europeans who fished for carp; they claim it is better during the cooler months, but is ok during the summer if it is out of fairly clean water.

Anonymous said...

Kenny my friend, you are just gonna have to slow down!

Kenny said...

Dave

I have just about come to a complete stop