Sunday, August 12, 2007

I had a very good time in the desert yesterday. My buddy Nate and I did not go chasing after jackrabbits. Nate figured with having my knee scoped last week I should stay close to the truck. I really think he did not relish the idea of dragging me back to the truck if I hurt myself. Each of us sighted in a couple of rifles at 100 yards, plus we did a lot of plinking. Plinking is done mostly with 22’s and is some of the best fun you can have with guns. I cleaned my rifles this morning and I will take care of the handguns a little later.

I was telling Nate that I may hold off on picking up any additional firearms for the next year. I really need to put some money aside. The bride and I are planning on a cruise to Alaska with her sister and husband, I have my Alaskan fishing trip in September, and the bride’s brother has invited me to go hunting in Montana next fall. The bride asked me how much we could afford and I replied “we are going to find out”. I checked my power ball numbers and I still am not rich, so I will put away some money.

1 comment:

Nate said...

Folks, he says he is saving his money for a fishing trip. But today, just one day later, he was fondling a Taurus 1911 at the sporting goods store at lunch. Kenny's not so good at avoiding temptation, no better than I am!