Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I am not a happy camper, literally. I have made plans with my buddy Nate to go camping this weekend. I want to go to Marsh Lake on the north side of the Uinta Mountains. It is a beautiful spot and the fishing is great. I called to make reservations for the camp ground. I am three days out from camping and you need to reserve your site no less then four days out. So I can not reserve Friday, and I can not reserve Saturday because it is a minimum of two days on the weekend. We do not want to stay through till Monday. We could take off very early on Friday morning (Nate does not do early very well) and take our chanced that we can find a spot, but my bride does not think that is a good idea. Most the camp grounds are full for this coming weekend I have checked. I believe the plan will be for the two of us and are respective brides to head for the south slope of the Uinta’s and try to find a spot at Shady Dell camp ground. It is all first come first serve. I think the bride and I will take of earlier on Friday to secure a couple of spots. Nate and his bride can meet us there. I will admit that this is my fault for not calling sooner but I am still upset. Once I get the trailer set up and catch a few fish I will be much better. Until then look out.

No comments: