Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I leave this afternoon for San Diego. The bride and I are packing up the dogs and going to visit mom. It will be a nice visit and we will get out of the heat for a couple of days.

My sister goes in for back surgery today. She has a cist growing out of her spine and pressing against the nerve in her back. She is in a great deal of pain. She almost did not get to have the surgery, she had an EKG just before the surgery and it was abnormal. It appears she has a slight blockage of an artery in her heart. She had triple bypass a year ago and she was freaked out. It came back 23% blocked so it should not be a problem.

I have been having some problems with my knees lately and I know I will have to get them replaced. I will wait until next year if I can. If I had them done now I would not be healed up enough for the cruise we are taking in October. That would be BAD!!

They have offered an early retirement at work and I have been thinking about it. If I put in for it and was accepted I would be unemployed by the end of September. I want to be retired but I don’t think I am ready for this “early out”. I am eligible for retirement in February. Then if they offer an early retirement I would not have to take any penalties that make a big difference on the bottom line.
I hope everybody has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July. See ya

2 comments:

BobG said...

Have a good trip. Hope everything works out for the relatives.

Kenny said...

Bob

Thanks, my sister came through the surgery without a hitch. We have talked eveyday since and she is doing well. Mom is doing well I think she had a good time with us. At least we got her out of the house while we were there.