Saturday, July 21, 2007

It is going to be a warm one today. The forecast is for 101 degrees. This will be the twelfth day of 100 degrees or higher so far this year. I went out and did some much needed work in the garden. The sun popped up over the mountains and it got a little to warm for me. It seems Saturday morning is about the only time I can get out to do yard work. We leave the house around 5:30 each morning and get home anywhere between 4:00 and 6:00 in the evening. By that time we are too tired and it is too hot to do more then drag the hose around the yard. The great state of Utah is still on fire and there seems to be more fires all the time. Most are started by lightening. We get thunder heads moving across the state and they will produce the lightening but the rain does not reach the ground. It is to hot and too dry so it evaporates before it gets to the earth.

I thought about going fishing this morning but the bed would not let go. I slept in until 6:45. It felt great and I needed the sleep. The bride is still asleep and I am going to enjoy another cup of coffee. I love quite mornings like this, a little coffee and little prayer, a little yard work and hunting shows on TV. God is good and I am blessed.

No comments: