Tuesday, July 10, 2007




We got home from mom’s Sunday afternoon. We were able to get through the wild fire in the middle of the state. They had closed I -15 Saturday and open the road for a short period on Sunday. We happened to make it through; I -15 was closed again after we were safely on the other side. The fire is approaching 500 square miles. Just think about that for awhile.

I will have a chemically induce stress test tomorrow. These are not a lot of fun. They shoot you full of meds that raise your heart beat. It is the only way to get my hear beat to the level they need for the test. I think they are going to pump me full of radioactive dye and take my picture. Yep, it is nothing but fun tomorrow. What is really bad is no coffee for 24 hours prior to the test. No chocolate, no wine, no food after midnight, no nothing. Yes I will be living the dream come morning. In all honesty I don’t think it is all that bad. The meds suck but the rest in no big deal. I count my blessings, I am still alive and healthy for a broken down fellow.

5 comments:

BobG said...

I had one of those tests the first week of June, right after I got back from vacation. Aren't those fun? A few days ago the doctor decided to change my Coreg prescription, so I'm still getting used to that.

Kenny said...

It waas not the most fun I had today but it is over. My EKG looked good I will get the results from the pictures they took Friday. By the time it was all done it was noon so I decided to take the rest of the day off and hang at home..

Anonymous said...

Hey well done Kenny. It sure doesn't sound like a lot of fun. When I applied for my mini-bus licence I had to do a treadmill test. You have 9 minutes on a treadmill and the speed is increased at various intervals. You are hooked up so that your heart rate is monitored and they can work out how fit you are! At least you are not full of meds and you don't have to give up anything the day before!

BobG said...

When I had my test, I had the chemicals and got to do it on the treadmill. Felt like I had run a mile between the two of them.

Kenny said...

They started me off on the tread mill and I told them that my knees were giving me fits. Not long into the test they noticed my heart rate was not going up. Then my knee started to pop. I said sniff sniff it hurts. So they slowed the tread mill down to a slow walk and pumped me full of the stuff. Not fun, shortness of breath, burning running up my neck , and just feeling bad. But I think God for the procedures we have to keep us alive. I figure My sister and I would bioth be dead if not for todays meds