Saturday, November 18, 2006

Mom and the bride just took off to go shopping. I used the excuse I just got out of the hospital to stay home. I am smoking some salmon this morning. I have had the fillets cure in the brine for the past four hours. They will go in the smoker in about an hour. I have some more leaves to pick up in the back yard. I am just working at that as I can.

The doctor called last night and told I no longer had to give my self shots in the stomach. I was giving myself a shot ever 12 hours since I left the hospital. It was not that bad, but I am glad it is over.

My daughter and her husband are coming over this afternoon and they are bringing Ava who was five months old yesterday. The son in law will help me replace the water line for the ice maker in the refrigerator. I was in the basement the other day and I noticed it was leaking.

I started to run my trap line in the kitchen last night. I ended up catching two mice. I run this trap line every fall. A trap line for those of you who don’t know is a line of traps that are use to catch mink, fox, beaver, coyotes, and all manner of critters for their fur. I have to have a very good year of catching mice in hopes to get enough fur for even a small coat.

No comments: