Monday, October 16, 2006

Somebody stole my son’s car over the weekend. This is the son that is a cop, and I find it a little funny. The car was a 1997 Honda Accorded. It was starting to cause them some grief and they had been thinking about getting a new vehicle. What was really bad is they had just switched from full coverage to liability only. The chances of find the car are next to none. I am sure that it is in a chop shop some place or on it way to Mexico. My son thinks that some punk banger is just joy riding in it. But he is sure that he will never see it again.

I got up Sunday morning, went out to get my newspaper and saw my mailbox lying on the ground. It was cold and dark, I figured it was not going anyplace so I shut the door and drank coffee and read the paper. After the sun came up and I had showered and gotten dressed I went out to see what had happened. I opened the door to see my next door neighbor standing over the mailbox. I yelled “Sandy what did you do to my mailbox” She stammered a little. I explained that I had watched enough cop show to figure out if you come across a crime scene and find somebody standing over it they must be guilty. I examined the mailbox to discover that the wooded post had rotted away and nobody had knocked it over. A trip to Home Depot and I had a new mailbox up and good to go. That was my weekend in a nut shell.

No comments: