Friday, October 20, 2006

I just got off the phone with my youngest son. They found his car, the steering column had been punched other then that the car was in good shape. The Denver police called him about 7:30 pm and told him to come get his car. The car was still running but low on gas. He had no way to turn it off so he drove it to a gas station and filled it up. All the stations on the radio were set to Spanish speaking stations. (things that make you say hummm)

He got the car home and grabbed a screwdriver and managed to get the car shut off. His plans are to fix the steering column and sale the car. His wife and he are moving into a new house this weekend so the money from the car will come in handy.

I was in Alaska a month ago and had a great time. A couple of things happened that I didn’t blog about. First I was having a great deal of pain in my shoulder. I had an appointment to see an orthopedic doctor when I go back. I figured I need to have surgery on my shoulder. While I was halibut fishing I was reeling in a halibut and something popped in my shoulder. No pain just felt funny, my shoulder felt a lot better, and the next morning my bicep was purple. I mean the whole thing was purple. No pain just purple. I went to the doctor when I get back and explained what had happened. He told me I had cured myself, I had performed surgery on myself. The pop I felt was one of the attach points for my bicep tearing loose. It seems that my bicep was being pinched under a bone in m shoulder and the only way t fix it is to cut the muscle loose. That is what happened.

I also sprained my ankle while I was up there, or so I thought. I went to my doctor yesterday ( the ankle was not getting better) and found out I broke my ankle. So I have been walking around on broken ankle for a month. My doctor laughed t me and want to look in my ears. He said he wanted to see if anything was up there. He told me no pain, no brain. After he hurt my feelings I was given an air splint and sent home.
I was hoping to hit the desert with friend Nate this weekend, but he received word his mom had a heart attack and he is making plans to head for Michigan. My prayers go out to him and his family.

1 comment:

Firehand said...

Ok, that kind of sucks. Every time I hurt myself, it's just another injury, not a fix.