Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I am leaving tomorrow for San Diego. My sister is flying in from Georgia and I will drive down. Next week is my mom’s 86th birthday and my sister’s 58th. It will be fun; we are planning on going to Disneyland. I rent a wheelchair for mom and push her all over the place. With mom in the wheelchair I am pretty sure that we will be moved up to the front of the line on all the rides.

I am breaking the trip into two days both going and coming. With the blood clotting problems I have had I think it is the wise thing to do. I have been instructed to stop every two hours and get out and walk around. This will be my plan; I am in no big hurry. I have a room in Mesquite Nevada on the out bound portion. I should get there around 6:00 or 7:00 in the evening. Have a nice dinner lose some quarters in the slot machines and get good nights sleep. Depending on what time I take off from Mesquite I should be in San Diego early afternoon. My sister will not arrive until Saturday so it will give my plenty of time to convince mom that I have always been the best child and my sister was the one to cause all the trouble.

My daughter and her husband will drive down to San Diego late next week. The trips just seem to coincide. My sister will be able to see their daughter/my granddaughter. She has told me that she is looking forward to this. I’ll not be bloging for the next week. I should have some pictures to share and stories to tell when I get back.

3 comments:

Nate said...

What, the internet doesn't reach into San Diego?

Kenny said...

Nate

you may find this hard to believe but my mom does not have a computer.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having / have had a great trip.