Sunday, February 04, 2007

The bride’s sister is at the airport and on her way back home. It was a very nice visit and the sisters had a grand time. I am pretty sure that I am broke but they had fun.

It is imperative that I buy some ¾ inch plywood this week. My friend Nate and I are building shooting benches. Nate picked up the legs and I will pick up the wood. Any way I think that is how it is working out.

The bride and I were discussing relocating after we retire and we keep coming back to staying here. Utah has been our home for the past 28 years and we like it. I will admit that it is not very retirement friendly with their tax structure but all our friends and most of our family is here.

I was looking at real estate on the internet this morning and I found a wonderful house in Georgia. 4 bed rooms and 3 full baths for maybe ¾’s of what we could get out of the place we live now. So we could cash out on the house back there and put money in the bank. My sister lives in Georgia not to many miles form where this house is so I would have family there. It is only 386 days until I can retire, but who is counting? .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope retirement works out for you ok. We will, as far as we are concerned, be staying right here in Scotland. We have a bit of land that our son and daughter-in-law can use to build a house right next door. Our daughter & partner can buy the cottage from us and then we can build an extension to have to ourselves. That's the plan but I guess it all depends on what God has planned! Even now I am having to shift my thinking as far as retirement plans are concerned as it may well be that Kriss takes an early retirement deal later this year. Retirement is certainly going to be an interesting time!

Anonymous said...

Silverback,

I just realized the you and I retire on the same day, 01 March 2008.

Wookie

Kenny said...

Wookie

I could go on 25 Febuary 2008