Thursday, February 01, 2007

The bride’s sister is here for a visit. This is a good thing, she is a very nice lady and we get along very well. The bride has taken the rest of the week off from work and they are headed down to Gardener Village. Gardener Village is the ultimate “chick” place. It is a collection of old homes from around Utah moved to an old grist mill and turned into boutiques. You know the places where girls can buy dead weeds stuck in Styrofoam and call it a wall hanging. Anyway they have a great restaurant (Archibale's) and enough shops to keep the sisters happy all day.

A little history on this place, The grist mill was established back in 1850’s I believe by Archibale Gardner. He was a polygamist with a bunch of wives. In the restaurant you will see a number of pictures of his brides of the month. There is one picture that has captured my interest. It was wife number 9 I believe and this drawing of Mrs. Gardener looks exactly like me. I am not kidding about this one. It is weird but good for some laughs. I have sat under this picture a few times and it is funny to watch the waitress do a double take. All I can say about Mrs. Gardener number 9, she was a handsome women.

No comments: