Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Some of the forums I read on line tend to support the second amendment. Most lean a little to the right when it comes to politics. But what I have noticed in every forum there is a thread that warns about a shortage of ammo coming. I am sure that most have noticed an increase in price and a decrease in availability. I bought some ammo at sportsmen’s warehouse at lunch yesterday. Not much, 150 round of 357 mag, 100 rounds of 22 wrf and 50 rounds of blazer (aluminum case) 45 ACP. I want to make sure that the 45 and 357 feed and ejects reliably before I buy a bunch. The price was not bad, $10.99 a box for the 357 and $10.49 a box for the 45. I believe I will head for the gun range this evening and shoot holes in paper. I may post a range report later.

I do have an appointment this afternoon with my eyeball doctor, so the range will depend on what he does to me. There is a chance that I will have my eyes dilated. If that is the case I will not be going to the range. I will sit around the house and watch TV with my sunglasses on.

Back to the ammo, those of you that own guns, I would suggest that you buy as much ammo as possible as soon as possible. It never hurts to be prepared.

No comments: