Sunday, August 13, 2006

The bride is gone again; she will be back next Saturday. So again it is me and the dogs with no adult supervision. My buddy Nate from Wasted electrons and I dropped the bride off at the airport 5:30 AM yesterday and headed for the desert with a truck load of guns. We got to my shooting place about 6:30 and it was a beautiful morning. There is nothing like the desert in the morning. I just love it.

We wandered around for a couple of hours, the rabbits were breaking a ways a head of us and we didn’t get many good shots. That is okay it was more about hanging with a friend and shooting guns. We walked back to the truck set up some targets and increased the lead content of my secret shooting place. Nate had gone to a thrift store and bought a bag of plastic figurines that we used for targets. Yes we picked up our trash when we were done. There were a couple of Mickey Mouse figurines; you have no idea what a 230 grain bullet out of a 45 acp can do to Mickey until you shoot the little rodent. All I can say is Mickey went away.


Before the bride left me we went to the movies. We saw World Trade Center. For me it was a very powerful movie. I think it is a must for folks to see. The only knock I had on the flick was they did a Hollywood gun thing. They had a gun start to cook off rounds. The gun started to fire by itself. I am here to tell you there is no way in God’s green earth that this could happen the way they depicted it. But Hollywood makes movies to make money.

I talked to my sister this afternoon, things are going very well. She told me not to make here laugh because it hurts. So I hung up. Not much else going on, I think I will go and stain the deck before I make myself some dinner.

1 comment:

BobG said...

Sounds like a good outing.