Sunday, March 12, 2006

www.cabelas.com

Cabelas this is one of, if not the largest sporting goods stores in the world. It is the Mecca for sportsmen. Just last year Utah got their very own Cabela’s, and the masses have flocked to the store. I too have made the trip (twice) and it is, let’s say interesting. The store is huge. They have everything that you could every want for the outdoors. They have an aquarium with most of the game fish you would find in Utah. They have the gun library with some of the most beautiful (and expensive) guns you could hope to own. I would have a hard time spending $18,000 for a rifle, but that is just me. You can make an all day trip down to Cabelas. But the prices are not very good. As a matter of fact I think they are high. I have yet to buy anything (other than a $5.00 tee shirt) from these guys. I have looked at and handled many of their firearms and have been put off by the price. There is no deal on ammo or anything else. I guess I am trying to say that I have been disappointed. You can find much better deals at Wal-mart or Sportsmen’s warehouse for your everyday going out to the field and having fun trip. Anyway I can not see me making the 100 mile round trip to Cabelas again. If I happen to be driving by I may stop but they will have to be having a sale.

1 comment:

GUYK said...

I used to get the Cabelas catalog and keep it in my fishing tackle store to show my customers that I was compettive with Cabelas. And even when I could not beat their price leaders in the catalog-sometimes they sell at cost and they have so much buying power they can usually y cheaper than I could--it was still cheaper to buy from me than to pay the shipping and handling charges.

One thing about Cabelas though is the selection. One can find just abut anything that you might want or need there. And if they don't have it they can get it for you within a couple of days.