Monday, March 06, 2006

Utah is a right to carry state. This means if you want to carry a concealed gun the state has to prove that you are unfit. You have to take a concealed carry class, pass a federal, and state back ground check. Your finger prints are on file with both levels of government. The initial cost will run about $120 the permit is good for 5 or 7 years, I forget which one it is. Then it is a $5.00 renewal fee for 5 or 7 years. It is no big deal. Other then they take your God given right to self defense and make it a privilege. But that is another rant. I have a buddy that carries his gun everyday; he is a good guy and is good around guns. But he has not gotten his carry permit. I have talked to him a couple of times and asked why? I get a shoulder shrug and an “I should get one“ I have explained to him that it is a $10,000 fine and up to a year in jail if he gets caught. I honestly hope he wises up and gets the permit or he does not carry anymore. It is a big risk

2 comments:

Mike W said...

I agree with you, it seems to be a risk that is not worth taking. Unlike risks that have a reasonable trade-off, large fines and jail time seem to moving the wrong direction. Most people do not look good wearing orange jumpsuits. Might be something that you need to explain to your friend.

Anonymous said...

Hello
Very nice site.
sandals video news http://sandals.obyh.info/ sandals video
Bye