Saturday, March 18, 2006

It had eleven years since we had a dog. In recent months we acquired two. A pure breed Corgi and a Corgi /Pomeranian mix (we think). We rescued both dogs. These are fun dogs and have brought smiles and laughter into the house. But this morning at 3:15 am, I was awoken from a deep sleep with the front feet of Foxy (corgi) firmly planted on my head with her nose in my face saying in her own little way “hey dad I got to go, get up” So I stumbled down stairs, grumbling all the way with the two dogs jumping around my feet as if to say “get moving old man we got to go”. I put the dogs out in the back yard and crawled back into bed. I tried to go back to sleep. It has not gone to well. After laying there for forty-five minutes, the dogs started to bark. I stumbled from the bed one more time. That is why I am setting here at 5:00am drinking coffee and blogging. The dogs have been let back into the house and they are not to be seen. I have a strong suspicion that they have gone back up stairs and are sleeping with the bride. I have been trying to figure out who is training who?

1 comment:

GUYK said...

It is a well known fact that the dogs most generally train the owners instead of vice versa. I have a nearly 14 years old little poodle who has trained me very well to obet her every wish and command. She is a sweetheart but also a little bitch when she doesn't get what she wants.