Friday, January 29, 2010

Took my truck in to have my transmission, and transfer case serviced along with an oil change, it set me back a little but you do what you have to do. As soon as I determine that it is not to cold I will change the fuel filter.

The owner of the transmission shop showed me the pan off my tranny and pointed out there were more metal shaving then they would have expected. Told me to watch out for slipping or hard shifting, the old tranny seems to run out real strong but I will pay more attention to it. A rebuild on it will run about $2600, which is a lot cheaper then a new truck. The bride and I will put a category in the budget to save for the repair if needed. It is our endeavor to never use credit again. If we don’t have the cash we don’t need it.

Things are going pretty well in the household. The bride is counting the days until she can retire. As it stands right now it is just under three years, but rumors abound about an early out. I think we can swing it if she pulls the plug. We only have one bill left (it’s a big one) and we are on track to have it paid in two years time. It will be glorious to have no debt at all. I have just been informed that I need to fix the light in my mom’s bathroom. See-ya

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenny. Great to hear from you last week and great to say 'Hi' to your mom!
Totally agree with you about the credit thing - it's so good being debt free. We budget for everything now.
Tremendous news about the new grandchild as well. Congrats to one and all.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Skip Sluggish Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Swiftly Search High Quality Movies, PC Games, MP3 Singles, Software & Download Them at Flying Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]Newsgroup[/B][/URL]