Saturday, December 01, 2007

Such a snow storm we had today. I guess we got about 6-8 inches of snow. My neighbors have already cleared my driveway twice. I have been walking all day without the aid of the walker. It hurts but I have to push to get better. I have all but quit taking the pain pills which is a good thing. I start my out patient physical therapy on Tuesday. I am very pleased with my progress and can’t wait to get out and start doing stuff.

I have not told the bride but I may try going into the office for a couple hours on Monday. They gave me a laptop to keep up with my e mail and stuff but I have not been able to get it to work. I have gotten a couple of phone calls, nothing major but stuff I could work if I was in the office.

I have done most of my Christmas shopping today. Amazon.com is a wonderful thing. I may have paid a couple of bucks more but I did not have to leave the house and fight the crowds.
I can believe it is the 1st of December already, this year has gone bye so fast and so much has happen. I guess the biggest is mom living with me now. This has really worked out great. I have not seen my mom this happy in years. I think this is going to be a great Christmas.

3 comments:

Dave. said...

Great to know you are on the mend but do not go back to work too soon! OK?

NICKEL said...

Glad you are doing so well. Did you know your friend Walrilla has been in and out of the hospital again. He is blue so be sure and go by and say hi to him.

Glad your mom is happy. I'm sure she loves taking care of you and feeling useful.

k said...

You've had an eventful year, mister. But in the end? It seems like it's for the better, overall.

There's something about having one's mom around that makes the holidays seem more real. I'm so glad you folks did this. It used to be The Thing to Do and isn't so much any more. But I tend to think older folks are valuable to have around.

I wasn't able to have my grandmother Helen with me, she really did need more care than I could provide, but she got settled in to a place near me. We got to know each other in the final years of her life, and it was just wonderful for both of us. She was a great lady. We had a blast goofing around together.

You, Walrilla, Aspergantus, and my Walter all getting better...my world is tilting back *upright* again.

What a relief.