Saturday, December 15, 2007

My buddy Nate is taking me out to the desert this morning to do a little shooting. It will be good to get out of the house for a few hours and burn gun powder. I’ll be traveling light today. I’ll think I will take the mini 14, one of the 10/22’s, and a couple of hand guns.
It is cold this morning, around 22 degrees. The forecast says a high of 27 degrees, but it should be sunny. I can remember when temps like that never bothered me. It is not that way now. I don’t take the cold like I use too but that is why they invented indoors and central heat.

I’ll buy Nate lunch while we are out and I’ll invite him to dinner. I believe the bride is making curry chicken and it does not get much better then that.

5 comments:

NICKEL said...

Have a good time and be careful.

k said...

Aha! It sounds like your knees must be getting better. Finally!

I HATE COLD.

I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it.

I really can't stand it the tiniest bit.

South Florida is good for that.

Kenny said...

Update

Nate and I had a good time and it was cold. It got colder when the wind started to pick up. But it was fun and we did pretty good. I will tell you that I hit the state of Utah every time I pulled the tigger.

GUYK said...

I do kinda miss living in an area where I could take my guns out and just put a target up on a bank someplace and just shoot away. The only place I can traget practice here is at the range..and I am not about to pay that $500 bucks to join and I hate to fork over $10 just to bust a few caps..

Kenny said...

I know what you mean. We have a range close by at $10 and you shoot paper but I would rather drive out to the desert and make things jump all over the place.