Thursday, April 05, 2007

I leave on a business trip this weekend. My plane takes off at 06:00 Easter morning. I am not crazy about this but it is just life, and I have 327 days until I can retire. I’ll be gone all week returning late Friday night. I expect to walk into the house around midnight.

I’ll be home for a week then be headed it for two weeks. This schedule is really messing up my spring fishing plans. Reading the fishing report (aka lying report) in the paper most of the local waters are having some great fishing action.


My youngest son is coming for visit today. It will be good to see him for a couple of days. His wife could not get off of work so it is just him. He has admitted that he is homesick. Living in the Denver area it is only an eight hour drive so we can se each other a couple three times a year.

The pastor of our church bought a new house. We went over to inspect the place and found it was beautiful. This is a brand new home they moved into in February. It is a rambler with a walkout basement. They are young couple with two small children and this house will be prefect to raise a family. The only problem I came across with the house is the bride now has a case of new house fever. The house we live in now will be paid for in thirty six months. I don’t think I want to start over again, but I will wait to find out how I really feel about this. I am sure that the bride will let me know soon.

3 comments:

BobG said...

Good luck with the trip; I think I would rather go to the dentist than an airport.

Anonymous said...

Hope the trips work out ok for you Kenny. Have a good visit with your son.
My son & daughter in law have been planning on building a house next to us on the ground out the front that is part of our property but I was advised today that it is a non starter. So it looks as if we are going to have to convert and extend the cottage into a building that will house three families. We will need a three way split on a new mortgage with the kids paying most if not all of it. Our mortgage is finished next July and we are both looking to retire in the next two years or so - but then of course God might have other plans! LOL!

Kenny said...

Bob

I go to a pretty good dentist but I think I would rather go tp the airport.

too bad you can't build a seperate house for the kids. I guess there has to be rules for one reason or another. Next July how great is that. I am amazed on how God has blessd me over the years. The bride and I talk about it from time to time.

I'll post again in a week or so.

Until then both you guys take care.