Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The hotel I am staying at has a compter and it is hooked up to the internet so here I am . This part of Indianna is very pretty and the folks are very nice. Talking wih some of the locals there is a lot of hunting and fishng to be done. The price of homes is cheaper then Utah (by half) and the property tax is a lot less. I was telling all this to the bride the other day and she asked if we were going to retire there. I said it was something to think about. Sometimes I think I would love to pull the plug and just move anywhere, other times I think that I really do like Utah and we have so many friends there. I am sure that is where we are going to stay. I will be glad when this trip is over. I will only be home for a week before I head out again.

2 comments:

Nate said...

You know I grew up in Indiana and still feel like it is home, right? I would miss the mountains and the desert but I do like the Hoosier state and its tidy towns and farmland.

k said...

I don't know where you are in Indiana, but Walter had his heart attack in Evansville. They have this fabulous heart facility there, Deaconess. He and my mom were so impressed with the place and the people there, they were just blown away.

They are smart, kind, considerate, and never lost sight of the fact that their first concern is for the patient's health.

But that's how all the people there acted. The big-rig tow company. Every place. And it's in the mountain area, so it's very pretty there too.

I could see wanting to retire there.