Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Years eve, it is funny how people tend to reflect at the end of the old year and the beginning of the new. I know I am guilty of pondering on my own life. I have a very good life, a wonderful bride of 34 years, good job, good kids, and two goofy dogs. The kids are all grown into upstanding adults and a couple of them have given me wonderful grandkids. I truly feel blessed from God. This is starting to sound syrupy. Sorry!!!

In late February I will reach the one year until I can retire date. This will be a mile stone, I can say 11 months, 10 months, and so on. If management asked if I am going to go I can smile and say “I don’t know “ and I really don’t. I told myself if I had one more medical incident I would go. Well I had the incident about two months ago, and I still don’t know.

My friend Nate would love to position himself to take my job when I do go. I think he is over qualified but I would never tell him that. It would just go to his head and he barely fits into his hats as it is.

This New Years celebration is consisting of getting into our pajamas sitting in front of the fire and watching TV. If we make to midnight I am sure there will be the New Years kiss and crawl of to bed for a good nights sleep. If we don’t make it to midnight I am sure the New Year will get here just the same. Life is good, thank you Jesus.

3 comments:

Kenny said...

Same to you Bob, have great New Year

k said...

Oh! Your comments are working again, that's good too!

heh. The little things and the big ones.

Happy New Year to you, kenny! And many many more.

Nate said...

Thanks Kenny! I'll open my hatbands.