Saturday, December 02, 2006

I am always amazed on how things change in value. I am talking about some dumb things like Bennie babies. You remember the craze a number of years ago. Some of these stupid stuffed toys would demand a premium price, over a $1000.I am willing to bet that you could not get $5.00 for the same item today. On the other hand there are things like gold coins. I am in a bidding war on E Bay a $2.50 gold coin minted in 1913. I have a coin similar to it locked up in the safe. The value of my coin is around $250. I assume that the coin on E bay is around the same value. The value has increased 100 fold, and the Bennie baby has decreased (I am not real good at math) a bunch.

There is am article in the latest copy of the American Rifleman (join the NRA) comparing collecting coins and guns. The examples that are shown in the article show that guns have increased in value more then the coins. Now there is going to exceptions to everything. If you go out and buy a Jennings 25 caliber I am sure that it will hold it value almost as good as Bennie baby. But you buy Winchester, Remington, Ruger, Kimber or any other well made respectable weapons manufacture it is like money in the bank. Buy quality

So I guess I will continue to collect guns, gold, and silver. That way I will have something for the kids to fight over when I am gone.

No comments: