Friday, December 29, 2006

Last time I went out to the desert with friend Nate from Wasted electrons http://wasted_electrons.blogspot.com I took my single shot.223. It has a 6.5 X 20 X 50MM scope. As I took it out of the gun safe and leaned it against the wall it slid and hit the floor. It got knock off zero. I could not hit paper hanging on the target stand, and I could not get it sighted in.

Yesterday friend Nate and I went to Sportsmen’s warehouse and Nate talked (badgered) me into buying a laser bore sight. Nate told me that he had been thinking of buying one, but if I bought it he would know where he could borrow one. This outfit fits into the bore of the firearm and all you have to do is align the crosshairs with the laser dot and you are there.

I stuck it in the bore of my rifle and went to work. The screw adjustments bottomed out before the crosshairs could align with the dot. I had to remount the scope to get the scope bore sighted. I was whining about the price of the laser bore sight, but it proved it worth yesterday. I would have gone through a lot of ammo to figure out that I had to take the scope off the gun and reinstall it to get it sighted in.

I have plans to go shooting tomorrow with my son in law and his dad. I will try the .223 and get it fined tuned. This is a very fine firearm and it one point in time I figured I could not live with out it. But now I believe I will take this gun to the next gun show and use it for trade. It may morph into a mini 14, or a bolt action .223. Nate has expressed interest in the gun and I would be willing to sell it to him. All it take is money my friend, show me the money.

The bride and I are going the movies this afternoon. We plan to see “ night at the museum” it looks funny and we have heard good thing about it Then dinner someplace, I think I want Mexican. It is going to be cold tonight and Chili Verde sounds good.

No comments: