Saturday, July 15, 2006

No adult supervision, NONE

It s true, I sent mom home on Wednesday and the bride left today for a 10 day business
trip. I am home alone (except for the dogs), and I get to chose the programs on the TV. I have been watching a "dirty job" marathon. I just had a can of chile for dinner, how much more fun can a man have. Don't forget I am a Christian and I do have some boundaries .

I was going to the desert after I dropped the bride off at the airport. But it is just to hot to go out there. It is suppose to be around 100 degrees today. It was in the 80's at 8:30 this morning. With the meds I am on I don't do well in the heat. I use to love running around the desert anytime of the year, but not anymore.

I did get the oil change in my truck and got my chain saw running. I am getting some new tires for my truck. They had to order them in and they should be here on the 26th. I decided to go with Pirellie ATR 265 70 17. They are a 10 ply tire and should do me well when I haul the trailer. I have only had the trailer out once so far this year. I hope to go the weekend after the bride gets back. I may go the weekend she is gone, but for some reason she does not want me to take off by myself. I mean it has been almost 10 months since I have been in the hospital, and you don't live forever. Now if my buddy Dave from Dave's place was to show up he and I could have a great time running around the mountains fishing and stuff like that. Dave and his wife have some plans to tour the US someday. They are from Scotland and I am looking forward to them showing up on my door step someday.

I think I wil head upstairs now and do some time on the staionary bike and the tread mill. I can workout just fine as long as it is air conditioned and I have a celling fan going, plus a remote for the TV

3 comments:

BobG said...

My wife gets spooked about me running around in the hills by myself. After some heart problems last year, I am now the proud owner of a stent and several bottles of pills that I have to take daily. So now she doesn't like me doing some of the stuff I used to take for granted. It's rough getting old, isn't it?

Kenny said...

Bob

It is very tough. I too have a stent and take many pills. I have found that I just don't have what I used too. Oh well that is just the way it goes..

Dave. said...

Hi Kenny.
When Kriss & me get over to the states you can take me into the desert but only if it is in an air conditioned bubble of some sort! LOL! I know the temperatures are not as high as where you are but I really sruggle with what people refer to as a good summer - can't stand the heat! Supposed to be the hottest day ever in the UK, in some places.

Seriosly though we are really looking forward to our proposed trip; it would be great to visit with you and the bride.

And Kenny; do as your told - just behave yourself!!!