Friday, February 03, 2006

I really have to learn that I am not as tough as I use to be. I’ll be 53 at the end of the month; I have had a heart attack, and just a little over 4 months ago I was in the hospital for 5 days with blood clots in my lungs. I am no longer allowed to lift weights and I have gone down hill, I will admit that. But sometimes things happen. I was in Salt Lake City this afternoon having lunch with my bride, oldest son and daughter. Nice restaurant having a quite lunch. A group of 6 young men (in their mid to late 20’s) came in and sat at the table next to us. They were very loud and obnoxious. I mean very loud. We could not hear ourselves talk. One young fellow was not only load but was using vulgar language. He was saying the F word in a load voice. Now this is a family restaurant and my wife and daughter are with me. I don’t say anything at first, I do look over at the table and one of the men says to his buddy something along the line as I am disturbed by his language. He looks over and says “he does not give an F”. Just about this time I get upset and I make a comment about maybe he should care. He tells me to mind my own business. About this time I jump up throw my chop sticks and start towards him. My wife is yelling and grabbing at me, my daughter is yelling. I think my son is waiting to see if I am still tough. We continue our conversation in an elevated tone. None of his buddies seem to be come to his aid and he becomes very quite. Which is all I wanted in the first place, I sit back down the rest of the restaurant (the place is packed) goes back to eating. I am severely reprimanded by my wife and daughter on the way back to the car. Maybe not severely but I was talked to. But I feel part of the problems with America today is no one stands up for common decency anymore. We have punks like this young fellow that figures there is no consequences and they can do as they want. Nobody give a good butt kicking when it is deserved. Who knows I may have gotten the butt kicking but I just get fed up with punks like this. I have replayed this in my mind a few times and I should have gotten the manager to handle it. I don’t know, I hope I will grow out of this someday……………….sigh

3 comments:

Dave. said...

Kenny, if it's any consolation, I would have probably reacted in the same way. There are too many people who are exercising their so called "human rights"! But all they do is inflict their obnoxious and infantile behaviour on everybody else.

You asked about the situation of defending your home and family. Unfortunately we have a government who are all too ready to listen to the "we have our rights" brigade. The reason Duncan Ferguson was considered for prosecution was that he apparently chased one of the thieves from his property, caught up with him and then dealt with him! I know I wouldn't want to be 'dealt with' by Duncan but it angers me when someone can possibly be prosecuted over something like that. Also we have the phrase "reasonable force" which is regularly quoted in such cases and of course smart defence lawyers can use this to their advantage.

Nate said...

I'm with you Kenny, kick his butt!

And spell "loud", not "load"...

But kick his butt!

Kenny said...

Thanks guys