Wednesday, February 22, 2006

America is sticking its head in the sand. We worry about who is going to win American idol, we have young men and women dying everyday. We have the enemy living among us and we worry about Idol. . Follow the email conversation between my sister and I

Sister:Tell me you watched American Idol.......

Me: NOPE

Sister: you make me nuts

Me: Why, just because I don’t find a talent contest interesting

Sister: Its the most popular show on TV and I wanted to compare notes with you.....just like with 24 but it is way too late for you to watch that

Me: We could compare notes on the incursions by the Mexican military along the southern border. We could compare notes on the out of control illegal emigration and the devastating effect on your way of life. We could compare notes on the terrorist arrested in Ohio yesterday and wonder how many are in surrounding neighborhoods, or we could watch Idol.
Sister: We do agree! Idol it is

Now I love my sister very much and we do get along quite well. But I find her attitude to be par for the course with much of America. It worries me that nobody cares about the fate of our country

5 comments:

Dave. said...

I'm with you Kenny. I just cannot understand the fascination with shows like 'Idol' etc.
We have the same problem in the UK and there just seems to be so many more 'reality TV' shows coming along. It's TV of the worse kind!

GUYK said...

Yep. It started with the public education system dumbing down the population and then with the help of the MSM and the entertainment industry we have a nation that is about half sheep. Once enough are convinced by the left wing that the ones who are out here producing are ripping them off then the left wing can take over and rip us all off--except for one minor detail they just can't seem to understand. The producers who made this country great and have kept it going do it because they can keep a majority of ther production. Once it is no longer profitable to do so then there will be no producers. So, who will the left wing loot when all the producers quit producing? Who is Jogn Galt?

GUYK said...

My spelling and typos are terrible--the last sentence should read "Who Is John Galt?"

karen said...

You're not alone, Kenny....there are more of us out here than you know!

Sarge said...

Kenny, while I was overseas, I watched Idol when there was nothing else on and I have to say the one thing that made it worthwhile was not the talents(?) of the majority of contestants, but the comments from Simon. Other than that, it is a waste of an hour that I can use for more thought provoking activites like watching paint dry.