Saturday, May 10, 2008

Went fishing today with my buddy Nate, and fishing was fantastic. The catching on the other hand was not so good. Between the two of us we did not have single bite. This is fishing most of the morning and afternoon in two different locations. But we had a good time. The first location was Willard bay. Good place to catch catfish and wipers (white bass and striped bass highbred) I wanted to see how my new knees (double knee replacement last November) would handle climbing over the dike. Going over the outside part of the dike was easy all dirt. The water side of the dike is very large rock all jumbled together. I have what Nate calls an industrial strength rod holder that I also used a walking stick to climb down and back up over the rocks. My leg strength was not what I had hoped and I did not have a whole lot of confidence. But I managed to get over the dike and back, which made me feel good. The second place we went was the Bear River. Much easier, you can drive right to the river or into it if your brakes don’t work.

I have put myself under the gun so to speak. I leave Thursday morning for a fishing trip to Flaming gorge and the trailer is still winterized. I have been putting this task off and I don’t know why. I will work o the trailer tomorrow after a mother day’s brunch at my daughter’s house. It should not take to long to get the trailer ready. Just need to get my butt in gear and do it.

No comments: