Thursday, August 19, 2010

My surgery went well, however shortly after I got home I was gasping for breath after any movement. I have had blood clots in the lungs twice before and this felt a lot like that. The bride hauled me off to the emergency room and after many tests and many hours it was determined that I had aspirated something during surgery and it had settled in my right lung. The DR called it phenomena and give me some antibiotics. The pain from the surgery is not as bad as I thought it would be and I am able to manage with some pain killers.

2 comments:

BobG said...

Damn, that's what left me on antibiotics with an oxygen tank for several days. They were afraid I had clots in the lungs, but mine were clean.
I was hoping your surgery would go without a hitch. Good luck recovering, and my very best wishes to you.

Kenny said...

Thanks Bob I am feeling so much better, I hope you are healing quickly