Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Scary stuff at my house last night, Mom was sitting at the kitchen counter and said she did not feel well. Her voice got very soft and was incoherent, and then she was totally unresponsive. Mom got very pale, her hand began to twitch. The bride called 911 as I stood next to mom with my arm around her to make sure she did not fall. To me it looked like a stroke. After what seemed like a life time mom started to come back around. By the time the paramedics arrived mom was back to normal. We still sent her to the hospital were a whole bunch of test were ran. .It appears mom was dehydrated from the stomach flu and it caused her blood pressure to drop. Mom is home with me now puttering around the house like nothing happened. What away to end the year.

5 comments:

BobG said...

I used to have that problem with my dad when he was going through chemotherapy. He wouldn't drink enough water, and would end up fainting.

Kenny said...

It was scary. I have a glass of gator aid in front of her all day long

BobG said...

The problem we had with my dad is that he would sip enough water to quench his thirst without drinking enough to actually hydrate his body. We finally had to nag him into chugging a half a glass of water from time to time.

Kenny said...

Same thing here

Anonymous said...

Scary stuff!