Monday, May 21, 2007

It looks like the majority of the brides health problems may be related to her thyroid. This would include her mini strokes. At least that is what the doctor said this morning. They have decided to “kill” her thyroid. She will take a radioactive pill and in a matter of weeks it will be dead. She will need meds for the rest of her life to take the place of what her thyroid produced. So there we have it, some answers and something we can work with. I thank God that this was all it was. I want to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

3 comments:

BobG said...

Good luck to your wife with her surgery; I hope everything goes without a hitch.

Anonymous said...

Still praying for the bride and you. Good to know you had a good vacation.

I'll be emailing you later.

k said...

Oh, yes. Finding out what it is, that's just the best.

It's easier to know for sure, even if the news isn't entirely good, than to sit there and wonder and worry.

Thyroid's doable. These days, they know so much about it, and can replace its chemicals really well. I bet she'll feel a lot better when they get it all in place.

What excellent news, really. Compared to what it could have been, I mean. I'm so glad to hear this.