Monday, July 27, 2009

Not real happy right now. I took mom out for lunch; we met the bride at one of her favorite restaurants. That part was a lot of fun. A gentleman and his wife came in saying that someone with a big white truck had a flat tire. Turn out it was me. I got out my air compressor and pumped up the tire enough to get me to Discount tires where I had purchased the tires a couple of years ago. I figured to get the flat fixed and all would be good. I got to looking at my tires and realized that they were just about worn out. You could see the wear indicator and I had about 3/32 of tread left. I have only put a little over 30,000 miles on the 60,000 mile Pirelli tires. I was not a happy camper. I had the inflation up to specs and I rotated the tires every time they were due. I did everything right, but they did not live up to their marketing. Talking with the young man behind the counter I let him know I was upset. They did prorate the old tires to the tune of $332. But it still cost me $600 for a set of four new tires. I did not go back with the Pirellis I choose the Pathfinder all terrain. If I do not have good luck with these tires I will be going back to Big O tires or maybe Les Swab. Anyway that was my lunch date with mom.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Wait until you see the tire I had to replace on my camper on the way to the Oregon coast. You thought your ATV trailer tire looked bad? I got you beat!

2nd time I have had a tire come apart on the camper now.

Kenny said...

If you will remember there was no tire left on my ATV trailer. I was running on the wheel

Anonymous said...

If you could e-mail me with a few suggestions on just how you made your blog look this excellent, I would be grateful.