Saturday, July 18, 2009

The bride and I went to the opera (Carmen) last night. We had front row center seats. The seats were great and the talent was amazing. However I was a little frustrated to start. I believe this was my first opera, and my first thought was this is America, speak English! It wasn’t until I was halfway through the first act when I found the sub titles, they where on a small screen at the very top of the stage. This made the experience so much more enjoyable. I had read the synopsis of the opera so I had a general idea of what was happening but the sub titles put it all together.

I finally got to sleep last night about 1:00am. That is very late for me. The dogs got me up about 6:30 this morning to go out. I thought about staying up, but it was a fleeting thought thank goodness. I had been up about an hour or so when mom came in to tell me the pool (above ground) was ‘spilling out”. Now she claims that she does not know what happening, but one of the filter hoses was lying on the ground. I figure my momma was trying to straighten up and things went awry. All you can do is smile and put things back together.

The bride is out with a girl friend doing girl stuff. All three of us (bride, mom, and myself) are headed for a bar-b-que this afternoon. I love summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: