Saturday, December 06, 2008

It has been 12 days since I rolled the ATV, I am doing much better. We are going to celebrate Thanksgiving this evening. I was still in ICU on Thanksgiving so we will go with it tonight. . We have invited friends and family over and I except it will be fun. The bride has a 20 pound turkey ready to go into the oven and I just picked up 10 pounds of potatoes that need to be mashed. The bride makes killer dressing and I will eat myself into a stupor. I’ll open a couple bottles of wine but I won’t partake, I’m still using some painkillers.

The ATV is in the shop getting repaired. I will get it all nice and shinny before I put it up for sale. I do have mixed feeling about selling. The ATV was the most fun I had in a long time and I enjoyed it a lot, but if I can’t keep something with 4 wheels on the ground with out tipping over I am not sure I should be on anything. My daughter says I am allowed to work in the garden and out in my shop, nothing else. I may work a fishing trip in to the mix but I guess I’ll behave myself as much as possible.

I will be going back to work on Monday. I need to figure out where I am on my leave so I can clear the base (I work on Hill AFB) on the 17th and spend the last 2 weeks of the year on leave before I retire. As of January 3rd I will be gainfully unemployed and I am looking forward to retirement. Time for a pain pill and some recliner time., see ya.

No comments: