Sunday, January 15, 2006

Yesterday was a busy one. I headed off to a gun show first thing in the morning. It was a very small gun show and I was done within an hour. I was just getting ready to leave when I ran into my buddy Nate. (http://wasted_electrons.blogspot.com). He was walking in as I was walking out. I talked him into going to a storage facility auction. What these auctions are all about is people abandon their belonging in the storage facility and don’t pay the rent. The owners of the facility have the right to auction off the contents to the highest bidder. Now the deal is you stand outside the shed and look in, you can not look through the contents. So you really don’t know what you are buying. Boxes and torn up furniture, T.V.s that may or may not work. I saw one shed go for $350. I kid you not; $350 and you have no idea what you are buying. I may have taken a gamble of up to a $100 on the stuff in hopes to make some money by putting the stuff in a garage sell. But I could see that this was way to rich for my blood buying a bunch of stuff sight unseen that did not have enough value for the owners to come back and get. . I was told that they hold these sales about every month, Makes you wonder why so many folks walk away from theirs belongings.

Anyway after the auction Nate and I went back to the gun show, and were putting finger prints on many guns. I got a call from the bride, she and a girl friend were out getting facials and doing other girl stuff and were not going to be home in time to put the prime rib in the oven for a dinner party we were having. I said I would take care of it. I came home got the meat in the oven and did some house cleaning. The prime rib turn out perfect (the bride has a no fail receipt for prime rib) and we had a great time with some friends.

I was going to head back to the gun show after church but a winter storm has moved in and driving is hazards at best. Too bad there is a 9mm carbine that I know I need. I do have two empty spots in my gun safe.

1 comment:

Dave. said...

Hey Kenny we drive on the correct side! It's all you others who have got it wrong by driving on the 'right'!!!

Seems like you are having a proper winter. In our area we have had no snow at all. However we still have February and that is normally our winter storm time here.