Sunday, January 27, 2008


The first of the year we were blessed with a new dog. I blogged about her and how she was tossed out of a car and left in a park to fend for herself. Maggie has blended into the family. In the short time we have had her I have lost a pair of slippers and a very expensive leather jacket to her teeth. When I discovered the jacket ( the end of one sleeve) I looked at her and said" Maggie come here" she was off like a shot, ran up stairs and would not come down. This morning mom brought me my slippers and one of them had been made an open toe model. I hid the slipper and called Maggie. She jumped up in my lap as happy as could be. I held her collar and showed her the slipper, and firmly told her "NO, NO, NO". When turned loose she was gone and would not come back to me. I have the feeling that before she was dumped she had been disciplined harshly for chewing. I am not one of beating dogs, I figure a harsh tone works just as well. I guess that I will not be leaving shoes, slippers, jackets, and anything else I am fond of out over night.

3 comments:

Nate said...

Take that slipper and tie it around her neck so she has to wear it for a couple weeks. That broke our Dalmation of chewing shoes once and forever after she chewed every shoe in our house during a storm years ago.

Kenny said...

The slipper is bigger than the dog

Nate said...

That's ok.

You are trying to teach a message here...