Saturday, November 04, 2006

I went to the desert today with my friend Nate. We saw plenty of rabbits as we drove down the dirt road. We got out and walked a little kicking up a few more. All were out of range ad moving fast. I was not feeling very well so we went back to the truck set up some targets and spent the rest of the day target shooting. It was a wonderful time. I brought along an Jack o lantern and we made short work of it. Nate with his 45 acp and me with my 9mm. I have not had very much practice lately with my handguns and it showed. I am determined to get in more practice. If you own guns you might as well be good with them.

We left the house this morning in the pouring rain. I had my doubts that we were going to get out into the desert with out getting into some serious mud. But the weather out there was great and the ground was dry. I look forward to the next trip already.

2 comments:

BobG said...

Good to hear you had a good day of shooting. Hopefully the weather will be better next time. Were there any cottontails, or were they mainly jacks?

Kenny said...

I saw one cottontail, so it was mostly jaks, that the way it always is where I go.