Monday, May 22, 2006

I got back Sunday afternoon from a three day fishing trip to Flaming Gorge reservoir. For those of you that have never been there it is a place of rugged beauty. It was fairly warm and windy. Friday evening we were blown off the lake by a thunder storm. We retreated to the warmth and safety of the trailer. I went with my youngest son’s father in law. It works out very well he has the boat and I have the trailer. The only down side to this trip was the cost of fuel. I spent right at a hundred dollars on fuel. I stopped at the town of Mountain View Wyoming and was excited to find diesel for $3.03 a gallon. So on that note the bride and I have decided to camp close to home this year and not every weekend. Not that we have ever camped every weekend, but this year for sure. This next weekend is Memorial Day weekend there is no way I would head to the mountains for camping. Everybody and their kids will be camping. So I figure around the 3rd of June we may head to a place called Smith and Moorehouse reservoir, very pretty and some good fishing.

I posted a couple of weeks ago that I am not happy with my management at work and I have developed a bit of an attitude. Will things have not changed and I am still unhappy. I have put out feelers for a new position but no luck so far.

1 comment:

BobG said...

Sounds pretty good; I haven't been up to Flaming Gorge in years. Been spending most of my time in southern Utah and in the west end of the Uintahs.